Thursday 6 March 2014

Cover Art & Blurb, 'Smiler's Fair' - Rebecca Levene (Hodder)

I’ve pinched this from Hodderscape by way of No Cloaks Allowed (Gav – There are cloaks in ‘Smiler’s Fair’ mate. I know, I’ve seen them)

I read ‘Smiler’s Fair’ when it was on submission at Hodder and thoroughly enjoyed it; I’m really looking forward to seeing what it looks like post editing, hence this post. Having experienced the more thoughtful air to this book (not just any old fantasy), I find myself really appreciating the thoughtful tone of the cover. All the ingredients of the book are there but nothing is given away other than an eye catching design (which I think will look amazing on the hardback edition if Hodder do one). I like that.

Yron the moon god died, but now he’s reborn in the false king’s son. His human father wanted to kill him, but his mother sacrificed her life to save him. He’ll return one day to claim his birthright. He’ll change your life.
He’ll change everything.
Smiler’s Fair: the great moving carnival where any pleasure can be had, if you’re willing to pay the price. They say all paths cross at Smiler’s Fair. They say it’ll change your life. For five people, Smiler’s Fair will change everything.
Nethmi, the orphaned daughter of a murdered nobleman, who in desperation commits an act that will haunt her forever. Dae Hyo, the skilled warrior, who discovers that a lifetime of bravery cannot make up for a single mistake. Marvan, the master swordsman, who takes more pleasure from killing than he should. Eric, who follows his heart only to learn that love can exact a terrible price. And Krish, the humble goatherd, with a destiny he hardly understands and can never accept.
In a land where unimaginable horror lurks in the shadows, where the very sun and moon are at war, these people must discover how they fit into the world – and how to shape the world to suit themselves.

‘Smiler’s Fair’ will be published at the end of July and if I were you I’d read it. It’s worth your time (you can thank me afterwards).

No comments:

Post a Comment